Grantor Retained Annuity Trust (GRAT) and Retained Unitrust (GRUT)

GRATs and GRUTs have much in common with the qualified personal residence trust. The main difference is that a GRAT or GRUT lets you transfer any asset (not just your home) out of your taxable estate. And, with a GRAT or GRUT, you receive an income, instead of continuing to live in your home, for a set number of years.

Read More